One of my sweet cousins (a new, young mother) suggested several years ago that I really should write a blog. I smiled to myself and thought "she means well, but there is NO way I have time for that- maybe someday when the children are older..." and I completely dismissed the idea.
Somewhere around the same time I got into facebook. It was a perfect way for me to stay connected with friends and (in particular) family that I no longer saw and it gave me a chance to encourage since I felt like I didn't have as broad an opportunity for outreach being a stay-at-home mama with very young ones like I did in my single years.
The ironic thing was, though I was positive I didn't have time for a silly blog, I justified (far too much) time spent on facebook. I don't quite remember when it was, but I had a light bulb moment when I realized, writing a few lines about what one of the kids said wasn't really an effective way to keep others up on what we were doing (and most of my immediate family isn't on facebook to read about it anyway). Also putting a short quote up as a post didn't really capture much of what God was putting on my heart either. It was when I began thinking about all the things I wanted to write down for our children (random thoughts of what I wish I had known or things I'm learning on this journey of life,) that I was convinced that I needed to start this.
So here it is- an outlet for me to write after the children are in bed (something I love to do but rarely take the time for these days), and I pray it will be a resource that will encourage & uplift any of you who take your precious time to read this (including, I hope, one day, our children).